Here is a comprehensive list of 39 key ROIs for GPS Fleet Tracking.
1. Reduced time spent on paperwork (driver, manager, accounting).
2. More efficient routes and speeds resulting in lower mileage and lower fuel expense.
3. More efficient routing enables more services and deliveries to be completed.
4. More efficient routing and driving reduces idling times.
5. Ability to redirect or dispatch the closest resources.
6. Reduce unauthorized use of company vehicles.
7. Locate the nearest location of other company service vehicles that have an inventory of needed parts or equipment.
8. Reduction of employee fraud.
9. Ability to improve safe-driving habits and fuel-efficient driving habits.
10. Provide definitive proof of exactly where and when deliveries are made, preventing any disputes over arrival/departure times.
11. Rapid recovery of stolen vehicles.
12. Ability to document key performance metrics for employee recognition or retraining.
13. Poor driving habits can be eliminated or improved as fleet managers and owners audit driving habits and receive automated alerts for speeding with our GPS vehicle tracking systems.
14. Maintenance – Schedule, track and receive alerts for the maintenance of your fleet.
15. Sensors – Learn not only where your vehicles are, but what they’re doing.
16. Mobile – Get and view vehicle locations and custom alerts on your phone.
17. Routing – View driving histories and plan more efficient routes.
18. Job dispatch and navigation – send jobs to your drivers, and provide voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions to route them with ease and efficiency.
19. Increased productivity as well as the improvement of your customers’ level of satisfaction by updating customers on delivery and service schedules.
20. More accurate delivery times and supply chain management by knowing where supplies and in transit inventory is located.
21. Insurance costs too are often lower since many insurance companies will provide lower premiums and better deals to fleets that use a vehicle tracking system.
22. Your vehicles standing time is reduced which can reduce your drivers overtime costs.
23. A full comparative analysis of your driver’s effectiveness behind the wheel can be reported on from the data produced by a GPS tracking system.
24. Keep cost-effective driver logs on an automated basis. Reduce time spent on paperwork.
25. Meet long-haul trucking needs for computer-based input to state fuel tax calculations.
26. Communicate in writing, at any time, between dispatchers and drivers out in the field.
27. Extend life of service vehicles through better maintenance management and GPS alerts.
28. According to Aberdeen Group, small fleets saw an increase of 25% in the number of work orders completed per day after two years of GPS implementation.
29. GPS tracking technology has improved service companies’ ability to arrive at their customer’s service location on time. Small fleets have seen a 46% increase in this key metric.
30. Reduce private use of company vehicles, which reduces fuel and operational costs.
31. Timecard validation with GPS Fleet Tracking systems allow managers and owners to know when drivers arrive and leave job sites.
32. Rental and leasing companies are using GPS tracking to locate late and missing vehicles.
33. Service fleets and contractors use GPS tracking to eliminate employee moonlighting and side-jobs.
34. Service fleets and contracts have an automated location, date and time stamp as a proof-of-work record.
35. Heavy equipment fleets benefit from automatic maintenance reminders based upon operational times.
36. Compliance with work-alone safety legislation.
37. GPS tracking on heavy equipment can automatically report engine hours and mileage for customer billing which reduces paperwork and increases accuracy.
38. Government agencies can monitor the efficiency of city buses, sanitation trucks and other vehicles wirelessly—e.g., average speed, stops per day, stops per hour, daily mileage, etc, for analysis.
39. Make better fleet purchasing choices by analyzing brand, model and configuration performances based upon documented engine statistics, mileage, speeding, idling and more.